- Other Events
- Recommended Events
- Old Events
- Womb yoga in Stroud and Bristol
- Womb yoga: London workshops
- Moon Inside You documentary screening Brighton
- Menstruation - Unleash Your Creative Power
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop with Alternatives in London
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Dublin
- Women’s Yoga Retreat: Shakti Rising – yoga for vitality and deep healing
- Donne e potere: svelare una nuova consapevolezza femminile - Lucca
- Yoga del Grembo - svela il potere creativo del femminile - Trento
- Womb Wisdom Retreat Stroud with Alexandra Pope and Uma Dinsmore Tuli
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Bristol
- Being a Woman - Finding the Balance - Staying Sane
- Womb Blessing 2-day Certificated Training Workshop
- Moon Inside You documentary screening Bristol
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in London
- The Way of the Menstrual Cycle - A Spiritual Path for Women
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Exeter
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Shipley, West Yorkshire
- A Celebration Day for Girls with Jane Bennett
- COMPETITION - Win a signed copy of The Wild Genie
- Woman’s Quest Apprenticeship Training
- Holistic Contraception, a conversation with Jane Bennet
- Natural Fertility Management Theory and Practice in Stroud, UK
- An invitation to A Celebration Day for Girls Facilitator Training with Jane Bennett
- The Moon Inside You Documentary in Bath
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Stroud, UK
- Blood Stories - Moving from silence to recognition to celebration!
- Creating Menstrual Health Workshop in Brighton
- Menstrual Movement - a moving exploration of the rhythm and power of your menstrual cycle.
- She who cycles
- Womb Wisdom Women’s Retreat 2013, Stroud, with Alexandra Pope and Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- V-Day Protest - One Billion Rising
- Awaken Your Menstrual Power for health and wellbeing, London
- The Moon Inside You Documentary in Malvern
- Menstrual Movement, Oxford
- Menopause: unveiling the hidden power, Trento, Italy
- Inhabiting the Feminine Earth Body
- Wisdom of the Womb - A Menstrual Movement and 5Rhythms workshop for women
- The Moon Inside You Documentary in Barnstaple, Devon
- Awaken Your Menstrual Power for health and wellbeing, Barnstaple, Devon
- Menstrual Medicine Circle, London
- Awaken Your Menstrual Power for health and wellbeing, Malvern
- Menstrual Movement, Totnes
- Menstrual Movement, London
- Woman’s Quest Apprenticeship Training
- Menstrual Medicine Circle, Malvern
- Awaken Your Menstrual Power for health and wellbeing, London
- Womb Wisdom Women’s Retreat 2014, Trentino region, Italy, with Alexandra Pope and Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Menopause: unveiling the hidden power, Co. Tipperary, Ireland
- Awaken Your Menstrual Power for health and wellbeing, Birmingham
- View all old events
|My entire menstrual journey has shifted completely since I met you a couple of years ago. I went from needing to be in bed for a week when it was my moontime to now just carrying on as 'normal' and just being a little more tired than usual... my cycle has become a joy!|
Sept 2012 to July 2013
A leadership programme based on the menstrual cycle, the female model of development
Facilitator: Alexandra Pope
Assistants: Sjanie Hugo Wurlitzer and Carla Esteves
The Woman’s Quest Apprenticeship is a 10-month long training and initiation in to the power of the menstrual cycle and developmental journey from menarche to menopause in which you will explore a body of knowledge with ancient roots that has been freshly articulated and evolved for twenty–first century women. The first comprehensive programme of its kind in the world presenting a new paradigm in women’s leadership based on a uniquely female model of development, we aim to restore and apply this knowledge to our personal and professional development, healing and spiritual life.
As a participant you will help to expand this knowledge, becoming a co–creator and co-evolver of our understanding of what it means to be a woman in the world today. We think this is the most thrilling work to be involved in.
Living in a community where there is a Woman (an individual or a group of women) who is responsible for preparing girls for puberty and celebrating their first period; teaching them cycle awareness for self–care, menstrual health, contraception, and the sacredness of sexuality; preparing women for pregnancy and birth, and finally greeting them as they arrive at the door of menopause
Going for healing, counselling or coaching and at the centre of your work is the acknowledgement of your cycle as a core tool for both healing and creating your future
Attending a personal or spiritual development programme where the menstrual cycle is openly acknowledged and recognised as the quintessential Woman’s Way
Working in an environment where your embodied intelligence as a woman is welcomed, and in which business development recognises cyclical consciousness
Men respecting the menstrual cycle as a wonderful ally for deepening relationship and experiencing an exquisite union
A culture that celebrates cyclical life in all its guises
You are the woman who is instrumental in restoring this knowledge to our families, communities and culture.
The Woman’s Quest Apprenticeship is your training to do such work.
What women are saying
As someone that has grappled with the ‘feminine principle’ and how to recover it to some balance in my own life, the WQAT takes the notion of the restoration of the feminine principle into a grounded embodied place. After years of trying to search for answers this training has revealed much to me, and drawn it out from within; clarity, how I operate in the world and a very clear path of what I need to do now. Practical magic! I'm finally feeling at home in myself for the first time ever. The impact has been massive for me.
Adrienne Egan, Maya Massage therapist and healer
Deciding to take the step to commit to the Women’s Quest Apprenticeship was one of those things where I didn’t know exactly WHY I was doing this, but there was a deep knowing I that i HAD to! The guidance received through the WQA has been like receiving a map into myself, through which I am learning how to better understand and handle the powerful feminine energies moving through me each month. Through the amazing support from Alexandra and the rest of the group as a whole, I am now beginning to grow a confidence to actually dare to share this female wisdom with others!" (And some more thoughts later on to: "If I'm honest I have sort of been putting off emailing you to arrange our final session, it feels like an end of something... my heart knows of course that that is not the case, but the mind doesn't want to finish this amazing chapter with you. Both the Sacred Woman courses that are running now are flowing so beautifully and you are this solid, unshakable inspiration holding up the teachings... I am often referencing my notes from our training weekends in preparation for the Sacred Woman Gathering and am always wowed out by the constant stream of little gems from your sharing. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!")
Sarah Wilks, yoga teacher
What a journey we are on! The apprenticeship training has taken me to a deeper core understanding of my path in ways that I didn't expect. Using my own cycle, I'm learning how to repair what was broken in my life and create anew, with an authority that self-awareness and years of therapy failed to bring. Through this apprenticeship, Alexandra Pope is reconnecting us with our birthrights as women.
Jacqueline Riquez, artist, mother, and menstrual educator
The Women's Quest Apprenticeship is a rare gift; a unique opportunity for self discovery that opens doors to every aspect of our reality. It has been both a privilege and a revelation to watch all course participants flourish and grow in such an impressive, tangible manner. And it is humbling to see how far I have come myself in terms of emotional strength and awareness. The Apprenticeship has enabled me to embody an understanding of how vital it is for women to befriend their menstrual consciousness - undoubtedly a fast track to progress in terms of personal development. As these past 9 months have been possibly the most insightful and potent of my life so far, I look to the future with intrigue, awake to the manifold possiblities that Alexandra and The Quest have brought.
Penny Fuller, Yoga Teacher, 40 yrs old
For me the Apprenticeship training was deeply transforming just being within the field of its energy. I felt with you a deep resting and a journeying and traveling in yourself that gave me such permission. I felt deeply touched by your compassion for yourself and felt that radiated to us as women and created a glow and simple deep love in the room…You know from the inside the pain and disturbances and at the same time trusted something stronger than the wounding/periferal and what is all around us and listened and listened from inner ears. I felt I could rest/trust in that too and you gave permission for that which feels precious and unseen, the feminine way with mysterious senses. Like an invisible tincture/essence of silent knowing that you taste and ingest when you know it too. And for this I am deeply grateful as I know how precious and neglected this approach has been...how thirsty and how much denial of that thirst there is and the conflict this creates...
Claire Taylor, Artist
Details of the Apprenticeship
Starting September 2012 there will be
- 3X3 day retreats, based in the UK: Healing Residential Sept 13-16th 2012, Creativity Residential Jan 21-24th 2013 and Spirituality Residential May 3-6 2013,
- 3 fortyfive minute one-to-one telephone/skype mentoring sessions throughout the year with Alexandra
- One webinar/group mentoring session in July 2013 to complete the learning from the Spirituality theme (and we may also include an extra webinar if there is a need between the other residentials)
- And a 35-page manual with detailed information on the healing, creative and spiritual aspects of the cycle.
- A online closed community group where you will be able to share your process freely, and give and receive support. (In the current training this has proved to be an invaluable resource)
The cycle is the teacher and over the time together we will apprentice ourselves to the process unfolding its hidden resources, powers and illuminations.
You will be encouraged to work with a buddy throughout the programme. If you have crossed the menopause you will need to also work with a woman who is still menstruating, while exploring the your own process post-menopause.
Who is the Woman’s Quest Apprenticeship for?
Any woman who is:
- Interested in personal or spiritual development, including those who have crossed the menopause
- Wanting to find greater meaning and purpose in life and experience a deeper understanding and embodiment of the Feminine
- Wanting to teach in this field or apply this knowledge to your own professional field such as counselling and psychotherapy, education including birth education, coaching and leadership training, healing and shamanism
- Drawn, even compelled, to attend from some unknown reason (and we think this is a great reason to come)
What you will get from this course
- A greater acuity and grounding in your own cycle through its various stages and levels, which you can use for your personal healing, creative and spiritual journey.
- Ability to ‘read’ your cycle’s signs for insight into your own nature and calling, and appreciation of your strengths and vulnerabilities (and how the latter is a hidden strength).
- Clarity about your own Calling and/or path within this work
- The inner authority to apply this in your area of expertise and facilitate with other women, and
- An understanding of the Feminine path of power and capacity to stand for and apply the Feminine Way within the world
- A detailed 35 page manual on the healing, creative and spiritual powers of the cycle
There will be detailed information on:
How the cycle works as a means of psychological and spiritual maturation
The spiritual process of menstruation itself
The creative process and its connection to the menstrual cycle and how to use it as coaching tool
How the cycle works as a system of healing
The connection between menstrual suffering and menstrual power
The nature of initiation and the female body—menarche, menstruation and menopause
The nature and power of the Feminine and how we might serve this within the world
What is the Holy Grail and how the menstrual cycle leads us to and reveals it within us. And how this knowledge might be a secret key to deep union in a relationship
What you won’t get from this course
Instruction in how to do fertility awareness
Specific details/material on how to prepare young girls for their first period, although we will speak of the ingredients for celebration of this, and you will have your own experience of a menarche ritual.
Biological information on the cycle
It is vital, however, to have more women who can do the above. And so for those who are interested, further training may be arranged with colleagues in Australia: Jane Bennett, co–author of The Pill: are you sure it’s for you? (Allen and Unwin, 2008), and author of A Blessing not a Curse: a mother daughter guide to menarche (Sally Milner Publishing, 2002) and Girltopia, a set of guidance cards for girls (www.nfmcontraception), and Shushann Movsessian, author of Puberty Girl (Allen and Unwin, 2003) (www.letstalkgrowingup.com).
Please note this is a training programme and not therapy. As the work can be challenging and catalytic, you do need to have some personal development skills and your own therapeutic resources in place should you need it.
It is ideal if you have done at least one workshop with Women’s Quest. And we heartily recommend that you start working with The Woman’s Quest workbook now. The ultimate ‘text’ for the course is your menstrual cycle itself but to help you unfold its inner riches the workbook will be the key guide. To purchase it go to the Woman’s Quest shop.
For more information on the content of each residential and details about registering contact Alexandra. To attend you will need to have a short telephone or skype interview with her to establish if it is the right course for you.
View All Events